i'm feeling bloggy lately. perhaps because i realize i have a limited amount of time left to blog about this wedding, so i might as well make the most of it.
this survey is making the rounds in the wedding blogosphere, and since i'm a glutton for punishment, i feel like waxing poetic about how awesome captain fantastic is while he's out of town fly-fishing and i'm lonely at home. [insert melancholy violin solo]
1. He's sitting in front of the TV, what is on the screen?
tiger basketball or whatever documentary/tlc series i'm forcing him to watch
2. You're out to eat; what kind of dressing does he get on his salad?
blue cheese. but take out "salad" and insert "hot wings"
3. What's one food he doesn't like?
licorice. he likes everything else. literally.
4. You go out to eat and have a drink. What does he order?
beer. unless it's within the past two weeks, in which case, mr. bond will have a martini, thanks.
5. Where did he go to high school?
christian brothers, central and maybe somewhere else before he decided that montessori school made him too cool for that crap and got his ged to go to college early.
6. What size shoe does he wear?
8, 8.5, 9, 9.5 are all represented in his closet
7. If he was to collect anything, what would it be?
first of all, it's "if he were," and second of all, expensive equipment for various hobbies - fly-fishing, rock-climbing, cooking, road-biking, camping, etcetera - and furniture his family members no longer want
8. What is his favorite type of sandwich?
he sure loves his traditional saturday afternoon blt
9. What would he eat every day if he could?
10. What is his favorite cereal?
oatmeal. if that counts as cereal.
11. What would he never wear?
any sort of sports jersey outside of the context of participating in said sport; the vera bradley tie (boo)
12. What is his favorite sports team?
GO TIGERS - memphis basketball
13. What is something you do that he wishes you wouldn't do?
complain about my appearance, cry for "no reason" (hello, i am a girl, and there totally IS a reason)
14. What is his heritage?
AMERICA. really i think english. and part of his family were quakers.
15. You bake him a cake for his birthday; what kind of cake?
he'd prefer i go get a strawberry cake from bogie's, his fav. which is a good idea, because i don't like strawberry cake, so i'd probably bake him a chocolate one.
16. Did he play sports in high school?
does skateboarding count? how about rock-climbing?
17. What could he spend hours doing?
see #7. add "working on his 1968 winnebago" and "drinking beer while grilling out"
18. What is one unique talent he has?
to be good at everything. also to be the most patient, understanding, non-judgmental person i have ever met. and finally, to be exceptionally handsome, as demonstrated here (with the help of marley and the sewanee plateau):
what a lucky girl i am!